News Interviews & Television Appearances
- PBS – Kids for Positive Change (Forthcoming)
- PepsiCo, ADM Turn to Carbon-Friendly Farms for Emissions Goals. Bloomberg News.
- Inflation Keeps Going Up. Will Prices Go Down Anytime Soon? Press Democrat.
- Climate Change a Factor in Rising Cost of Groceries, Some Experts Say. CBS – Los Angeles.
- “Beyond Greenwashing: How Chain Restaurants Could Actually Address Their Climate Emissions.” Grist.
- “Hold the Beef: McDonald’s Avoids the Bold Steps It Must Take to Avoid Emissions.” The Guardian.
- “McDonald’s Struggles to Fix Its Massive Methane Problem.” Bloomberg News.
- “COP26 criticized for its environmentally unfriendly menu.” The Hill.
- “UN’s Climate Gathering in Glasgow Features ‘Plant-Forward’ Menu.” Bloomberg News.
- “Environmental activists blast menu at COP26 climate conference.” Washington Examiner.
- “McDonald’s Cannot Get to Net Zero By Feeding the World Hamburgers, Experts Say.” VICE.
- “McDonald’s Rebuked for Greenwashing Climate Change.” Ecowatch.
- “Meat Startup Focused on Cutting Food Waste Plots Grocery Debut.” Bloomberg News.
- “Waste Not? Some States Are Starting to Send Less Food to Landfills.” The Counter.
- “Will McDonald’s Ever Stop Expanding?” Sentient Media.
- “Supermarkets Dig Into the Problem of Food Waste.” Salon.
- “Tom Vilsack for Agriculture Secretary Worries Environmentalists.” Sierra.
- “Beyond Meat Sparked a Run on Peas and Protein Revolution”. Bloomberg News.
- “Broken Food Supply Chain Has Some Consumers Buying Their Own Pigs.” Bloomberg News.
- “Smashing Eggs, Dumping Milk: Farmers Waste More Food Now More Than Ever.” Bloomberg News.
- “The Debate Over How to Raise Beef without Killing the Planet.” Bangor Daily News.
- “3 Investments Food and Grocery Companies Are Making for the Future.” Food Dive.
- “Study Finds 90% of Country’s Biggest Supermarkets Don’t Report Food Waste.” Waste Today Magazine.
- “How US Supermarkets Fail to Reduce Food Waste.” WORT FM radio.
- “New Food Campaign Targets Extinction On Your Plate.” The Christian Science Monitor.
- “Extinction On Your Plate?” Food Tank Blog.
- “Your Next Hamburger May Come with a Side of Endangered Wolf.” TakePart.org.
- “Coyote Hunting Contests Banned, But Killing Events Continue.” KCET.
- “Ivory Ban Bill Advances in Sacramento.” KCET.
Panels and Discussions
- RETURN – Interview – Food Justice Film Festival 2022
- I’m Just A Layman In Pursuit of Justice Virtual Interview – Food Justice Film Festival 2022
- Truly Texas Mexican Virtual Interview – Food Justice Film Festival 2021
- The Ants & The Grasshopper Virtual Interview – Food Justice Film Festival 2021
- Food Justice Film Festival: “Gather” – Speaker Panel Interviews
- Food Justice Film Festival: “The Invisible Vegan” – Speaker Panel Interviews
- Food Justice Film Festival: “Dolores” – Speaker Panel Interviews
- Food Justice Film Festival: “Urban Roots” – Speaker Panel Interviews
- Grazing the Wild: Regenerative Grazing: Addressing the Colonial Roots of Cattle Ranching
- Grazing the Wild: Cows, Climate and Culture Wars: Putting Bad Policy Out to Pasture
- Grazing the Wild: Habitat-Fed Beef: Separating Facts From Fiction on Grass-Fed and ‘Regenerative’ Beef
- Connecting Food with Our Environment in Daily Life. Duke University World Food Policy Center.
- On Just Food Systems and Sustainable Agriculture. Thought About Food.
- iEatGreen podcast.
- Plant-Powered Radio.
- “In Tune to Nature“. Radio Free Georgia.
- “Take Extinction Off Your Plate: Wildlife Services in Mendocino.” KMEC FM radio. 2018.
- California Agriculture & the Water Crisis. Conejo Climate Coalition (forthcoming).
- “Regenerative Grazing” & “Low Carbon Chickens”: How We Can Fight the Greenwashing of Animal Ag. Animal Justice Academy.
- A Discussion with Frances Moore Lappé.
- Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Food Justice Film Festival” (2021) Expert Panel Interviews. Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Food Justice Film Festival.” (2020) Introduction and Interview Series. Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Catering to the Climate: Menus for a Healthy Food System.” The Humane Society of the United States.
- “Creating a More Just Food System.” Center for Biological Diversity
- “The Wolf Lover’s Guide to Changing the World.” Sedona Wolf Week.
- “From Beef to Beans: Agricultural Solutions to Healing the Planet.” Seed the Commons.
- “Eating to Save the Planet.” Center for Biological Diversity.
Selected Academic Presentations
I have also presented at international conferences in Salamanca (Spain), Queens University Belfast (Northern Ireland), University of Ulster (Northern Ireland), University of Notre Dame, San Jose State University, University of North Florida, and various conferences in England, Ireland, and the U.S. in addition to the below.
“The Beef with Public Lands Grazing, Western Wildlife, and Meat Production.“
Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon. March, 2016.
“Smell No Evil, See No Evil, Drink No Evil: Transparency and Regulation of Factory Farms
in the Trump Era.” Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon. March 2015.
“Mothering the Tiger: Globalization and the Transnational Representation of Irish Motherhood in Film.” American Conference for Irish Studies, New Orleans, LA. April 2012.
“Dancing Through Another World: Cultural Learning Beyond the Classroom.”
Popular Culture and American Culture Association. Albuquerque, NM. February, 2010.
“Gender and Diversity in the Classroom.”
Wakonse Conference on College Teaching. Shelby, Michigan. May, 2007.
“Dying for Ireland: ‘Mother Ireland’, Modernity and Mediation in the Stories of Dorothy Macardle, 1914-1937.” International Association for the Study of Irish Literature. Charles University, Prague. July, 2005.
“Difference, Mediation, Attachments: Radicalizing the Mother/Daughter Relationship.”
The International Association for Philosophy and Literature Conference. Erasmus University, The Netherlands. July 2002.