- Violence, Silence, and Sacrifice: the Mother-Daughter Relationship in the Short Fiction of Irish Women Writers, 1890-1980. University of Notre Dame.
- “’I Wasn’t a Bit Maternal’: Mary Lavin’s Critique of Irish Motherhood” in Joy Interrupted: an Anthology on Motherhood & Loss (ed. Melissa Miles McCarter). Fat Daddy’s Press.
- “Playing Hide and Seek: Losing and Finding My Mother” in Joy Interrupted: an Anthology on Motherhood & Loss (ed. Melissa Miles McCarter). Fat Daddy’s Press.
- “Lady Justice: Social Sleuthing & Sister Fidelma” in The Sister Fidelma Mysteries: Essays on the Historical Novels of Peter Tremayne (eds. Edward J. Reilly & David R. Wooten). McFarland Press.
- “Habitat-fed Food: Grass-fed Beef and Sustainable Solutions.” Biodiversity.
- “Where is the Love? Using the Black Eyed Peas to Reach Expository Writing Students” with Heidi Blackburn. New Prairie Press.
- “Dying for Ireland: Violence, Silence, and Sacrifice in Dorothy Macardle’s Earth-Bound: Nine Stories of Ireland (1924). New Hibernia Review
- “Catering to the Climate.” Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Slow Road to Zero.” Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Checked Out.” Center for Biological Diversity.
- “Grocery Stores Need to Stop Buying Into Foodwaste. Here’s Why.” Grocery Dive.
- “No Regenerative Grazing is Not Good for Grassland Birds.” Mongabay.
- “Magical Cows and the Colonization of Western Public Lands.” Salt Lake Tribune.
- “5 Ways USDA’s School Programs Fail “Start Simple.” Food Dive.
- “McClimate Change: Is it So Impossible for McDonald’s to Serve Plant-Based Options?” Chicago Business.
- “Beef Industry Takes the Biggest Bite Out of Earth’s Natural Resources.” EcoWatch.
- “Climate-friendly Beef is a Myth, Don’t Buy It.” In These Times.
- “When It Comes to Food Waste, Shoppers Aren’t the Only Ones to Blame.” Food Tank.
- “How to Feed the World While Curbing Our Appetite for Destruction.” The Guardian.
- “5 Reasons You Should Ditch Meat for This Food If You Want to Save Money and Fight Climate Change.” One Green Planet.
- “Amazon-Whole Foods Deal Could Mean Prime Waste“. Food Tank.
- “We Can Address Food Waste at Home First.” USA Today.
- “Don’t Let Trump Hand this Pristine Monument to Industry.” The Sacramento Bee.
- “Wild California in a Trump Administration.” KCET.
- “Shocking Food Labels Expose What Our Meat Addiction Means for Wildlife.” One Green Planet.
- “A Bad Boutique Law Shows Its Skin.” The Daily Journal.
- “War of Nutrition: Big Mayo Bullies Eco-Friendly ‘Just Mayo.’ The Dodo.
- “Why the Animal Ag Industry Needs More Than Good Samaritans to Make a Change.” One Green Planet.
- “5 Things You Didn’t Know About the Carriage-Horse Industry.” The Dodo.
- “Liberty and Justice for All: an Animal Bill of Rights.” One Green Planet.
- “Domestic Violence & Animal Cruelty.” Encyclopedia Britannica.
- “Wolf Hunting: the Final Frontier.” Encyclopedia Britannica.
- “The Best Formula for Human Health and the Planet: Mother’s Milk.” Sustainability Times.
- “The Food System is Built on White Supremacy.” Sentient Media.
- “Aaron Simpson: Fighter in the Hen House.” Our Hen House.
- Duke University World Food Policy Center.
- Thought for Food podcast.
- iEatGreen podcast.
- “In Tune to Nature“. Radio Free Georgia.
- “Take Extinction Off Your Plate: Wildlife Services in Mendocino.” KMEC FM radio. 2018.
- “Supermarkets Dig Into the Problem of Food Waste.” Salon.
- “Tom Vilsack for Agriculture Secretary Worries Environmentalists.” Sierra.
- “Broken Food Supply Chain Has Some Consumers Buying Their Own Pigs.” Bloomberg News.
- “Smashing Eggs, Dumping Milk: Farmers Waste More Food Now More Than Ever.” Bloomberg News.
- “The Debate Over How to Raise Beef without Killing the Planet.” Bangor Daily News.
- “3 Investments Food and Grocery Companies Are Making for the Future.” Food Dive.
- “Study Finds 90% of Country’s Biggest Supermarkets Don’t Report Food Waste.” Waste Today Magazine.
- “How US Supermarkets Fail to Reduce Food Waste.” WORT FM radio.
- “New Food Campaign Targets Extinction On Your Plate.” The Christian Science Monitor.
- “Extinction On Your Plate?” Food Tank Blog.
- “Your Next Hamburger May Come with a Side of Endangered Wolf.” TakePart.org.
- “Coyote Hunting Contests Banned, But Killing Events Continue.” KCET.
- “Ivory Ban Bill Advances in Sacramento.” KCET.
- “In Defense of Vegetarianism.” ParadiseFromMyPorch.
- “Winter.” Readers Write. The Sun Magazine.
- “Leaving Oz.” The Emerald.
- “Redneck Hippies.” The Emerald.
- “Why I’ll Be Out of Town on Valentine’s Day.” Curvy Girl Guide.
- Joshua Horwitz, The War of the Whales and War of the Whales Case Study.
- Will Potter, Green is the New Red: an Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege. And “‘These Activists Make Upton Sinclair’s Jungle Look Tame.’“
- David Grimm, Citizen Canine: Our Evolving Relationship with Cats and Dogs.
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, Beasts: What Animals Can Teach Us About the Origins of Good and Evil.
- David Kirby, Death at Sea World.
- Jim Yuskavitch, In Wolf Country: the Power and Politics of Reintroduction.
- Mark Hawthorne, Bleating Hearts: the Hidden World of Animal Suffering.
- Susan Orlean, Rin Tin Tin: the Life and the Legend.
- James McWilliams, The Modern Savage.
- “Love in Infant Monkeys.” ALDF.org.
- “David Grimm’s Citizen Canine. ALDF.org.
- “Charles Siebert’s ‘Rough Beasts: the Zanesville Zoo Massacre, 1 Year Later.’ Our Hen House.
- “Jeff Corwin’s Explorer Series: SHARKS.” Our Hen House.
- “Green is the New Red: an Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege, by Will Potter.” Our Hen House.
- “Grizzly End for Endangered Bears in Montana.”
- “I’m Thankful for Wilderness and Wildlife.”
- “Fertilizing Catastrophe.“
- “Appetite For Destruction.”
- “Eating Away at Biodiversity.”
- “Eat Wild in 2016: Five Ways Your Diet Resolutions Can Save Wildlife, Help the Planet.”
- “Wildcat Roar: When Mountain Lions Live Under the House.“
- “Cecil the Lion: Will U.S. Laws Hold Trophy Killer Accountable?” AnimalBlawg.com. (Re-printed in Advocacy Britannica).
- “Coexistence with Coyotes.” AnimalBlawg.com. 2015.
- “Reckless CA Killing Contests Continue, Despite Ban.” ALDF.org.
- “November Song Dogs.” Coyot.es. 2014.
- “California Gives ESA Protection to Lone Wolf and His Pups.”
- “Maternal Deprivation: the Cruelest Research Continues.” ALDF.org.
- “Truths Self-Evident: Lincoln and the Rights of Animals.” ALDF.org,
- “Monkey Business: Animal Rights and Human Responsibilities.” ALDF.org.
- “Creating a More Just Food System.” Center for Biological Diversity, Saving Life on Earth.
- “From Beef to Beans: Agricultural Solutions to Healing the Planet.” Seed the Commons.
- “Eating to Save the Planet.” Center for Biological Diversity, Saving Life on Earth.
- “Food Justice Film Festival.” Introduction and Interview Series. Center for Biological Diversity.
POETRY & PROSE